Driving home from church at noon we noticed a little bit of smoke from a new fire. 90 minutes later we walked outside and it looked like this.
The fire is about 3 miles from our house, not right behind our barn like it appears in the pictures. The mountain just to the left of the smoke is 12,000+ ft elevation, that gives you an idea of how big the smoke is.
I saw on the news yesterday that homes were being evacuated. I bet the smoke is horrible. I love all the pictures of everything that has been going on this summer so far. I have been a blog slacker lately. I wish we could have gone to St. George with you guys. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Maybe we can make sure we do something with all of the kids when you all come in July. Love you guys and miss you.
6 comments:
love all the new pictures. You look gorgeous. Will you be in Utah for the family reunion? Please come!!
Holy cow!!! It looks like you should evacuate...to UTAH!!!
Scary!! That looks close!
My gosh! How far away actually was it?
wowee zowee..it looks like it is right behind the barn.. hope they put it out
I saw on the news yesterday that homes were being evacuated. I bet the smoke is horrible. I love all the pictures of everything that has been going on this summer so far. I have been a blog slacker lately. I wish we could have gone to St. George with you guys. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Maybe we can make sure we do something with all of the kids when you all come in July. Love you guys and miss you.
Post a Comment